I shared a photo awhile back of what we had done in Leo’s nursery so far, but now we are moving into week 37, the nursery is complete, and we are just waiting for our little guy to arrive…or for my c-section date; whatever comes first.
(He won’t even be sleeping in his room for 7-8 weeks, but after all the hard work we put into getting the room finished, we won’t talk about that right now.)
I’m really proud of how we took our nursery vision and turned it into exactly what we wanted. It turned out better than we expected and has quickly become one of our favorite rooms in the house.
Dom made the picture frames, floating shelves, and built the closet system all from scratch. These were his first-ever projects like this and I love how they turned out! Again, even better than expected.
For those who care about where things are from:
- His crib, dresser, and rocker are all from Pottery Barn Kids. (Crib and dresser are in a discontinued color and I have no idea what model the crib is. We got it off Craigslist.)
- Crib sheet is from Land of Nod
- The blanket and pillow on the rocker (not sure if that’s the exact blanket but it looks like it, and I can’t find the pillow so it must be sold out), ottoman (no longer available), lamp, wire basket, copper wire decoration on the shelves, and fuzzy blanket (which is gray and white striped on the other side) on the crib are all from Target.
- Curtain rod is from Walmart
- Curtain is from Amazon
- Both constellation photos (large constellation poster star map and small Aquarius constellation) that are framed are from Etsy.
- Animal books on shelves were a gift from my sister. I think they are from Marshall’s or T.J. Maxx?
- Books are Harry Potter and are Dom’s from high school
- Changing pad cover is Aden + Anais and we purchased it on Amazon. Softest muslin cover and I’m obsessed!
- We got the lamb sound maker in his crib from a friend. I think you can buy these on Amazon, etc.
- We also have a nightlight that projects the planets above his bed. I got it from Target, but they also have them on Amazon.
- Diaper pail is a Diaper Genie.
- Wire baskets in closet are from Walmart. I can’t remember if they are medium or large, but there are no larges online. I’m not sure where the brown basket is from–we’ve had it for years and it’s probably a hand-me-down.
- Plant and pot are both from Lowe’s. Pot was spray painted gold.
The closet looks super messy at the moment but only because we have so much stuff in there. We are going to go through it today and organize it a little bit more, but I’m so happy with how it turned out!
Send me photos of your baby’s nursery. I would love to see it!