I wish I’d known then…
- It doesn’t matter what he thinks of you; it only matters what YOU think of you. The wrong guy won’t be there when you figure out who you really are and decide to live that way. Know it and OWN IT from the beginning. It saves a lot of time and trouble.
- Figure out what you really want to do in college, and take your time to do just that. Don’t rush. There really isn’t any point, especially because if you do, you’ll realize later that you don’t love your industry the way you thought you did.
- Let it go. That one girl who gets under your skin like no other? Fuck her. Forget about it. The energy you waste getting upset over useless drama and the time you spend thinking about it later? Not worth it. Put your energy towards something that really matters in life like your relationships, your family, exercise, or reading. Anything else is better than that bear that never stops being hungry. Quit feeding it.
- Changes will only make you stronger and wiser. I know you appreciate them after they happen, but embrace them while they they are happening, too.
- You are more beautiful than you think you are, and if you only knew how you would be comfortable with yourself later when you look completely different, you’d really be more comfortable with yourself now.
- Save your money. Save every penny. Put the extra towards your student loans and savings. When you think now about how much money you blew through on clothes that you don’t wear anymore, you feel pretty stupid, so don’t waste what you’ve earned.
- Enjoy every stage of life: the social one, the partying one, the studious one, the antisocial one, the one where you focus all your time and energy on your relationship (this one is beneficial), the working one, and the family one. They are all different, and they are all special for so many different reasons.
- Girl, quit dealing with pointless friendships. Maybe it’s time to stop talking to that girl who flirts incessantly with your husband and is mean to all your other friends. Take it as a sign and quit defending her.
- Make decisions for YOU. Live the life YOU want to live. Figure out what YOU want and just do it! Things will work out to your benefit in the end, so just do what makes you happy until you get to the present.
…and when you get to the present, I’ll still be in the future, writing yet another one of these posts. Life is funny that way.