Ah, the obligatory New Year’s resolutions post.
Typically, I don’t do resolutions. If I have in years past, they tend to be pretty stereotypical: work out more, eat healthier, drink more water. While some of these carry over into this year (I DO want to drink more water, and I DO want to continue working out like I have since last year), I figured that making myself more attainable goals that are more specific and not quite so vague would be a good thing because it would give me a number to meet or a task to check off my list.
While in Ohio visiting my family over the holidays, I was organizing the photos on my laptop during some down time, and I typed out some of the things I wanted to work on in 2015. I’m not going to punish myself if I don’t come out of this year with a total 180 in my lifestyle and my personality, but these are some goals I would really like to meet. Here they are (and there are quite a few):
- Read 24 books by 2016
- Take three graphic design courses (online or in person) and practice design weekly. I’ve always wanted to learn graphic design and have been incredibly interested in it for years, so it’s time I take the first step to actually learn. 2016 will probably be all about web design unless I meet the above goal early.
- Be more financially responsible. Follow a budget. Stop buying crap we don’t need.
- Always send thank you cards for gifts we (me, Dom, or Isla) receive.
- Organize my computer (email was also a part of this, but I finished that in Ohio).
- Delete unused online accounts, unsubscribe from emails I don’t need, and clean up social media. Kind of vague, but the details of this are still in my brain.
- Be more creative. Create more handmade items. Try to stick to crafty/handmade items for all gifts this year.
- Knit a blanket
- Drink at least 8-9 cups of water per day
- Blog one time per week (mentioned this in my last post)
- Eliminate unnecessary clutter, both mentally and physically (in our home).
- Following this, I would like to be even more organized than I already am in our house and in my life. I want planned weeks (I’ve always admired people who know exactly how their days will go — the gym M-F, gardening on Tuesdays, and the library on Thursdays…or something like that), items we don’t need to be sold or donated, and I want to get down to 37 items of clothing total. (Read about the closet capsule if you’re interested in what exactly I mean by that.)
There are a few more personal things, but I figured I would keep those personal.
What about you? What are your resolutions? Have you started working on them already? I have started quite a few of these, though the whole 10-minutes-of-being-active-a-day thing isn’t really off to a good start. I’m only human.