In a New Year’s effort to blog more, I’ve decided to do monthly posts on my current favorites, or things I’m loving right now, bullet-style.
- My 2015 book challenge. The goal is to read 24 books in 12 months. Quite the lofty goal when I’m chasing a one year old around (can you believe it?), but I’m going to make it work. I’m currently reading “All The Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr. It’s about two children in WWII (one German, one French) and how their paths collide. Next on the list is “One Plus One” by Jojo Moyes. I loved “Me Before You,” so I’m really excited to read this one. If you haven’t joined Goodreads, do it now, and be sure to follow me.
- One Direction’s album, “Four,” and Andrew McMahon’s album, “Andrew McMahon in the Wild.” I was a huge Something Corporate fan back in the day (my first concert), so this is like stepping back in time for me. Really into it.
- Walking on an incline. Kind of a weird thing to love, but my personal trainer recommended it to me back in 2011 (or maybe 2012?) and I just started at the end of 2014. I burn crazy calories, I get to watch YouTube videos (Ingrid Nilsen or Meghan Rienks, anyone?), and I get to peruse social media. This is probably lazy of me, but I do mix it up with some circuit training and HIIT workouts quite often.
- ThredUp.com. Another one that carries over from last year, but what’s better than getting all my favorite Madewell/J. Crew gear for half the price (or less), plus name brand clothes for Isla? The answer is nothing. Nothing is better. Use this link to get $10 towards your first purchase.
- My new Clarisonic Mia (I got it in pink). Dom got it for me for Christmas and I can’t stop using it. I’ve been pairing it with the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser which I also really, really love, and I follow up with the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream). No complaints with any of these products. Love them, and they’re hypoallergenic!
- Lastly, for Christmas, my friend Brittney got me Philosophy’s iced gingerbread cookie duo and I seriously look forward to showering more than I ever have in the past. Ha. It smells like Christmas and dessert and all things wonderful. I will be completely depressed when it runs out, but my sister got me Lush’s Hot Toddy Shower Gel and Vanilla Delite Body Lotion, so I have pretty great follow ups.
What are your favorite things right now? Any recommendations on new products, books, etc. that you’re currently loving? Tell me in the comments! I take recommendations very seriously and I love hearing about new products worth trying!